Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The Content Manager for Merrell generates compelling, consumer-focused content that connects key online touch points for clear and effective message dissemination that drives engagement and conversion.
1. Develop fresh, consumer-relevant content that drives conversion while highlighting products, contests, promotions, events and partnerships.
2. Work with Merrell to understand seasonal objectives, key initiatives and available assets that will be used to generate effective content.
3. Organize projects across various creative resources while upholding established site and email style guides.
4. Ensure content is consistent and linked across multiple consumer touch points, including email, online advertising and brand websites.
5. Research online retail landscape for content and campaign ideas; specific focus on competitive and seasonal retail programs.
6. Use Consumer Insights and data to understand consumer personas; generate variations in content for multiple consumer segments and A/B testing.
7. Review and evaluate web analytics reports to understand website consumer behavior trends and content results; use to impact/improve results.
8. Write creative briefs with input from eCommerce Lead, eCommerce and brand marketing teams.
9. Write/proofread/edit copy for email, site and social network placement.
10. Give social media and blog content recommendations, based on eCommerce revenue drivers, to brands.
11. Secure approvals for all content prior to delivery or placement.
12. Work to refine and optimize content generation and approval processes.
13. Understand front end content needs of owned business in Canada and Europe; offer US content where relevant.
14. Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
15. Performs other duties as required/assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Marketing.
• 3-4 years of marketing experience, preferably online/consumer direct.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple goals and projects under tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Understanding of e-mail marketing best practices.
• Hands-on project management experience.
• Advanced Excel skills/experience a plus.
• Experience with content management systems and blogging tools a plus.
• Working understanding of basic HTML a plus.
• Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture a plus.
• Strong copywriting skills a plus.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).