Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
This position focuses on the enterprise level management of footwear packaging for Wolverine Worldwide. The Packaging Engineer will serve as the subject matter expert to all Wolverine Worldwide brand teams; influencing designs and specifications in order to meet brand and corporate objectives for packaging communications, cost and structural integrity. In addition, this position will also be responsible for driving consolidation and best practice throughout the packaging supply chain.
1. Develop and maintain a centralized repository for all packaging specifications.
2. Guide brands through the specification process as related to design, printing, materials and alternative solutions that meet overall packaging objectives.
3. Identify and drive projects that enhance brand packaging effectiveness, reduce costs and/or materials and improve operational effectiveness throughout the supply chain.
4. Develop global packaging supply strategy, manage selection and on-boarding processes, and maintain supplier relations.
5. Analyze and interpret all packaging cost information as related to price negotiations, brand packaging cost structures and corporate cost guidance.
6. Identify and drive continuous improvement activities as related to packaging.
7. Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
8. Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• Bachelor of Science; Packaging Engineering, preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience, with increasing responsibility. Strong knowledge of footwear packaging preferred.
• Basic knowledge of enterprise management and reporting systems.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Visio and Project preferred.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, with an emphasis on deconstructing complexity
• Strong negotiation skills
• Familiarity with packaging printing processes and ability to interpret graphic specifications.
• Experience working with and managing global vendors.
• Ability to partner with various business units and across multiple geographies.
• Ability to drive consensus and communicate effectively.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).