Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The HRIS Analyst will act as a critical member of the HRIS team focused on self-service, data integrity, data analysis, system administration, process improvements, and reporting. The HRIS Analyst role will have ownership over multiple HR systems and will leverage HR and systems knowledge and expertise to solve business problems.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Human Resources or related field or 3 to 5 years of previous HRIS experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Strong understanding of HR and payroll processes and data; relies on extensive experience and judgment to perform the functions of the job.
• Strong understanding of database design, structure, functions and processes.
• Work independently or in collaboration with functional and technical staff, external vendors and IT.
• Ability to develop and implement solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Solid computer skills with thorough technical aptitude and attention to details; advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel and Access), with a strong background in Microsoft Excel.
• Effective time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with using database reporting tools to analyze data and produce meaningful reports.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks & projects; working unsupervised exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
• Service oriented, collaborative approach to internal customers and peer relationships.
• Solid technical problem solving capabilities with ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users/customers.
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).