Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Director of Product is responsible for leading the Kids Group product management team to deliver on-trend children's product for our group of industry leading brands and achieve global revenue and margin plans. With strategic focus and creative energy, identify and respond to product opportunities in the marketplace that fit within the brand strategy. Responsible for global assortment plans and brand presentations to internal and external partners.
1. Market knowledge:
• Responsible for understanding footwear market dynamics including: competitive environment, retail channel environment, market shifts and category dynamics
• Must have a strong sense of trends in the children’s market and specifically footwear with ability to translate into cutting edge product
2. Line Building
• Lead the product brief process to accurately describe a business opportunity that supports brand/category strategy, provides design direction, describes competitive situation, highlights sourcing needs, and sets costing/pricing parameters. Communicate initiatives in the context of strategy, trend, and business dynamics
• Ensure the children's assortment reflects the brand DNA while fitting the specific needs and wants of the consumer.
3. Cross-functional relationship management and communication
• Build and maintain strong relationships with each of the brands in order to understand & translate the product strategy.
• Effectively communicate portfolio and brand strategy, assortment, and product flow strategies to internal and external partners
• Maintain a strong working relationship with product design and development to collaborate on new product innovation.
• Work closely with merchandising and sales operations to build product line architectures at the beginning of each season.
• Collaborate with marketing category managers to ensure the product stories come to life in the marketplace
• Work effectively and maintain strong relationships with development, sourcing, and merchandising to ensure product is introduced on time to the market.
• Partner with the wholesale & international teams to maximize sales across categories, regions and channels by delivering assortments with clear brand, product, and pricing segmentation
• Establish relationships with retail customers and DTC partners and maintain ongoing communication to understand product performance relative to market and gain insight into opportunities for new development.
4. Operational & Financial Oversight
• Create and adhere to the seasonal product creation calendar
• In conjunction with the Product Line Managers, set sku plan by brand and achieve productivity and margin goals on a seasonal and annual basis.
5. Management of others
• Lead the product management team with a growth mindset, inspiring creativity, sound business judgment, and market expertise.
6. Performing duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• 8+ years in the footwear or children’s market
• Proven ability to effectively lead and manage cross-functional teams
• Knowledge and experience in market analysis, line development, and understanding of product design, sourcing, and production.
• Candidates must possess strong computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel preferred) and be highly motivated with strong creative, organizational and communication skills.
Normal office environment.
Global travel required up to 30%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).