From Paul Sperry and one man’s inventive spirit in 1935 to today, Sperry has forever inspired adventurous souls who strive for lives fully lived. Whether it’s the world’s first and original boat shoe or our sea-tested apparel, we equip all those who believe the best stories are written with your feet. So go out there, and live an adventure-filled life. Join our team and discover an odyssey in every day.
The Manager, Merch Planning & Allocation is responsible for planning sales in units and dollars by brand, channel, category and stock number in alignment with divisional strategy and financial goals for wholesale; maximizing top line sales and gross margin goals by analyzing performance of current sales trends and applying to plans, forecasts, and buys; and managing to inventory metrics by month through factory buys and long-term production plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent, with 10+ years of relevant work experience.
• Experience planning, forecasting, and buying footwear or consumer products.
• Keen eye for product as well as the ability to identify and plan appropriate distribution and volumes.
• Ability to analyze and summarize data to arrive at informed and effective recommendations or decisions.
• Advanced capabilities in Excel and data warehouse reporting are critical.
• Must have the confidence to present plans to the team, lead key discussion points, and gain the consensus of the team.
• Must embrace and lead continuous improvement.
• Must be a strong team player possessing the ability to build positive working relationships with associates at various levels and cross functional areas of the organization.
• Highly organized and self-motivated.
• Able to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple priorities while still achieving agreed-upon deadlines.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).