Wolverine founder G.A. Krause was a third generation leather tanner and boot maker who prided himself on crafting fine leathers that in turn created comfortable and durable footwear. He founded a company in 1883 that would soon revolutionize the industry with the Wolverine 1000 Mile Shoe. Since the very beginning, Wolverine has been committed to the highest quality materials, painstaking attention to detail and innovative methods of shoemaking. Today, the company honors its heritage with the Wolverine 1000 Mile and Wolverine Since 1883 Collections, taking inspiration from its own archival patterns and making footwear with the fine craftsmanship and timeless style that have been hallmarks of the brand for more than 130 years. Wolverine is the brand that uniquely binds American ingenuity and craftsmanship. We are born of work…hard work.
The Product Line Director is responsible for the global development and execution of the strategic business plan, sales and earnings of the brand's Product Line. In addition, this senior management position is responsible for the general management and strategic marketing of the business unit including but not limited to, developing and articulating a vision for the unit, and driving strategies leading to long-term growth and profitability. To achieve these objectives, the position requires alignment and collaboration cross-functionally within the brand and across shared service groups. The ideal candidate is able to create and cast vision for the brand's product line and execute flawlessly to deliver product excellence to our consumers and customers.
1. Develop a thorough understanding of the markets in which the Business Unit competes on a global basis; consumer nuances, retail environments, competitive environments.
2. Ensure that key product generation of ideas, consumer trends and market information are fed into the product briefing process and that the consumer perspective is heard.
3. Develop a thorough analysis by season of brand strengths and weaknesses in the market segment and articulate strategies and tactics that propose a unique and competitive brand point of view.
4. Develop, justify and deliver product briefs to the creative team based on perceived market opportunity and in light of product life cycle management considerations.
5. Develop longer term product life cycle management considerations inception through final clearance and establish the basis for a creative development calendar with regards to new product initiatives.
6. Work with the creative team to monitor the evolution of the product programs and ensure that not only is new product on brief, but is competitive in the market.
7. Work with the marketing teams to ensure that communication efforts are in line with the brief.
8. Work collaborately with sales to educate and guide in the execution of the strategy in their respective markets with a view to achieving sales and earnings targets for the business.
9. Present business unit seasonal strategic and tactical elements to brand sales teams.
10. Develop a global network of influencers, consumers, retail buyers, and sales people that are communicated with regularly to gather insights to identify shifts in trends and/or opportunities.
11. Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
12. Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business or equivalent work experience.
• Fundamental understanding of the relationship between product, sales, marketing and the account base.
• 7+ years product experience, with minimum 3 years in management experience, preferably in sales, marketing and/or product.
• Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
• Ability to emphasize with the constructively interact in different cultures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).