Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Trend Manager will be dedicated to building a culture of discovery and understanding of the future needs of WWW’s consumers. This position will be responsible for establishing our trend practice and identifying the value-add of trends to the business. This role will be responsible for identifying what trends will be important to watch in both the short- term and long-term and act as a strategic consultant for the Company and our portfolio of brands. Their primary research vehicles will be trend services reports, periodicals and other information gleaned from online sources. They will lead the analysis of global lifestyle and product trends: macro, consumer, technology and industry trends. Their analysis will inform meaningful and successful brand strategies across product development and marketing.
• Ongoing high-level macro-trend research (science, world news, cultural, technology along with following our subscription service articles & reports).
• Research emerging category/fashion trends and compile for frequent trend updates to product and marketing teams; quick-fire and/or scheduled trend updates as needed.
• Identify speed to market opportunities throughout the season.
• Make recommendations to senior leaders on macro-trends that will impact our business in the future.
• Manage our portfolio relationships with our trend partners, including Mintel, WGSN, and Cassandra.
• Facilitate company-wide learning events at our Rockford and Waltham Offices.
• Conduct domestic and international market trend research, creating reports and presenting research when necessary (market travel 2-4x per year)
• Travel domestically to office in Boston to attend meetings, present research and meet with teams.
• Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• Must be intellectually curious, passionate about consumers, and be interested in the footwear/fashion industry.
• Ability to synthesize multiple resources/inputs into actionable insights and recommendations.
• Strong ability to develop relationships with business partners and cross-functional team members.
• Ability to influence and lead within the organization as a trend research expert.
• Experience in advising senior leaders on strategic issues.
• Must be a strong presenter and able to speak to large groups.
• Strong written and visual communication skills
• PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator – must be at an intermediate level+
• Travel: Some domestic and potentially limited international travel.
• College degree with 5-7 years trend or consumer research experience.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.