Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Associate Planner is responsible for the planning and forecasting of the Merrell sales and inventory plans by category for a concept. This position manages the markdown budget and process, as well as the forecast.
1. Works with management to develop profitable annual month sales and inventory financial plans which serve as the foundation for the buying process
2. Manage the markdown process to meet divisional goals and objectives
3. Ensure the merchandising team is adhering to the financial objectives as defined by the markdown and margin plans
4. Forecast and review all markdowns
5. Determine the liquidation of inventory is in line with targeted season code dates and guidelines
6. Manage the RTV and liquidation of aged inventory to the outlets
7. Manage in-season category analysis that supports the pre-season merchandise plans
8. Partner with the Director of Planning and Allocation in the creation of seasonal business plans, including inventory flow and forward forecasts
9. Create revenue and unit plans
10. Partner with the Buyer to build the seasonal plans by style
11. Performing duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
12. Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of merchandise planning experience in a specialty retail environment
• Excellent analytical, math and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with all levels of management
• Strong Excel skills and knowledge of PC applications
• SAP experience a plus
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).