Chaco is an iconic outdoor brand with market leadership in performance sandals, a high growth business in closed-toe performance and lifestyle footwear, and a dynamic accessories offering. The brand has achieved several consecutive years of industry-leading growth by creating remarkable connections with a tribe of loyal consumers known as ChacoNation.
The ReChaco Technician supports ReChaco Repair and Warranty and MyChaco custom footwear and accessory production in a wide range of areas including performing quality audits, shipping, receiving and repair and assembly work. A ReChacoTechnician II is a mid-level skilled position that performs assembly, sewing, repair, cutting, and shipping functions.
1. Proficient in performing all tasks and duties of a ReChaco Technician I.
2. Repairs and assembles Chaco sandals and accessories using hand tools and by operating sewing and other complex specialized production machinery: Glue, Lacing, Wash, Chlorinate, Footbed Pull, Sole Pull, Final Sew, DeLam, TRC, Assembly Sew, Buckle Sew, Label Sew, Dog Accessories, Webbing Belts.
3. Selects, measures, and cuts webbing to order: Webcut. Must memorize up to 300 webbing style names and identify by design & color.
4. Prepares product for shipping and ships product using UPS, FedEx, and other carriers: Shipping.
5. Responsible for hazard assessment updates, chemical response, and safety.
6. Communicates clearly and concisely with coworkers on work orders. Maintains organization system of order documentation throughout production process.
7. Moves between workstations in order to maximize production flow. Instructs lower level technicians when to move.
8. Reads and follows written work orders.
9. Performing duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
10. Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• 1+ years of experience in a production, assembly, or manufacturing environment preferred.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Attention to detail to ensure the safe and proper use of machinery and order accuracy.
• Ability to use measuring devices, such as ruler, and cutting equipment.
• Interpersonal skills supporting establishment of effective working relationships within the team.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and ability to distinguish color.
• Dexterity for sewing and assembly tasks.
• Cross-training in various activities to minimize repetitive motion.
• Ability to read and precisely follow written standard operating procedures and safety instructions.
• Ability to monitor production workflow and direct self and lower level resources to maximize production flow.
• Must be able to work independently with some supervisory oversight.
Factory and warehouse environment. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).